Friday, December 4, 2009

The Switch

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet. My period is currently on day 10 and without ibuprofen I was curled up in agony on my parents' couch during Thanksgiving. I made an appointment for two weeks out to switch from the Paraguard to the Mirena. I really don't like the idea of random periods and hormones, but I like heavy flows, major cramps and pregnancy a lot less. I talked to someone at Planned Parenthood, and she said that if my periods haven't gotten any easier after 8 months, they'll most likely stay this way. So I'm stuck in this lesser-of-two-evils-rock-and-a-hard-place situation.
Here's my prayer: Dear whomever, please let the Mirena make my periods become spotting so I don't get stuck with embarrassing situations and discolored underwear.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment