Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Don't have an unwanted pregnancy

But if you do, get some good movies for later.

The abortion part sucks. Big time. First of all, the waiting part is just no fun. I was even lucky enough to be with my bestest girlfriend & I really couldn't have had a better person. We were contemplating dance numbers & little ironies all day. But I was there for almost 5 1/2 hours.
Secondly, the actual event is no picnic. They were right: there is cramping, with one BIG one during the last 45 seconds. I had two. But what's worse (at least for me, and they didn't tell me about this) is the after part. The part where I was having major cramps, nausea, dizziness, clamminess, and tingling in my hands. And I fainted. I was already in the wheelchair at that point, and she told me to sit up straight, and I said, I think I'm going to faint, and promptly did.
I didn't feel remotely like myself (even though I attempted some pretty lame jokes) for about 20 minutes. And now, 4 hours later, I still feel very weak and I'm cramping, even with the meds. They do say that if meds aren't enough to contact them 'cause there may be a problem, but I don't think I'm that bad, especially since the meds do work for the first couple of hours. It's just this last half hour or so. I get more in 40 minutes!

Okay, back to Return of the Jedi.

No comments:

Post a Comment