Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"I'm pregnant."

I wish I could see the expression on my face when I mention that I'm pregnant. I don't tell many people, but I love the shock value, and I think that's evident. My thoughts are always transparent through my skin, and I may even be the slightest bit gleeful. But I should get a little pleasure out of this, right?
Maybe I could use this to my advantage. "Could I get that OJ now, please? I'm pregnant. Could I take this seat? I'm pregnant. I'm intolerant to you because I'm pregnant."
Sometimes it's nice having the secret, too. 'You don't know I'm pregnant,' I think during conversations. 'You have no idea.'

The nice thing about having this happen is that now I don't have to worry about it happening. This is what it's like. It's kind of a relief, actually. One less "what if." And I know that I'll be okay. That's a pretty comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment